|This being only my third half marathon I learned some stuff I already know, like don't go out so fast, keep up a good pace. And know that mile 6 is going to be tough.|
Well it was a challenge. My running partner couldn't race because of over training and she got injured. I was out there alone.
This race was fun but had some cons
- I know the route way too well
- With registration cost at $55 you think you could have water not from the fire hydrant and electro light drinks - especially at the mile 6 aid station (body armor I'm talking to you)
Now for the positive!
- I know the route really well
- Mostly flat course - ALONG the ocean
- 8:00 am start time
- miles 6-8 running the bluffs at Wilder Ranch ( this is where runners really opened up)
- Fun medal
- Tech t-shirt
- Fans- best sign "hey Random Runner you rock"
- My family being out at wilder ranch to cheer me on
- My injured running buddy at mile 10 with cliff blocks.
- Biggest pro of all I got a personal best
- running my half in 2:10 mins that is 7 minutes off my Nike women's half marathon time... Wow!
- It was a great way to start spring and my racing ( non virtual ) season for 2012.
What big races do you have coming up?