Sunday, May 22, 2011

She.Is.Beautiful! Santa Cruz's Pinkest 10k and 5k - my thoughts

Yes, it has been a while since I have raced, actually it has been a while since I have run.

Being a nursing mom I just didn't feel like a could ever get away long enough to actually go out and run. I find that it is easy to get in the rut off putting things off that don't need your immediate attention.

But today I did. With very minimal training I went out at did my first 5k since giving birth to my son seven months ago.

The She.Is.Beautiful! race was ... Exhilarating.

It felt so good to just get out there and move, move my arms, move my legs, move my how body.  I had my great other new mom out there with me too. So both of us where able to just run, talk, and run some more.

The course was great -- Beautiful West Cliff in Santa Cruz, pretty much a flat out and back course.  There was so much great fun and pink energy.  Women and young children of all shapes and sizes just out there.  We got great race t-shirt, a yummy breakfast and some really yummy chocolate after the race.
Now where do I sign up to do it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment