Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentines Weekend Virtual 10k

Following the lead of Casey over at "Running After Violet",  I will be hosting my own Virtual 10K race.  All challengers will run/walk/crawl a 10K on Valentines Weekend, go out there on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The essential point is to get out there and move! Wherever you find yourself, and at the time of your choosing, go run! It just has to be at some point on the 14th.  Personally, I will probably go after morning coffee and toast.

Prizes: 3 winners will win a set of 16 personalized stationery cards -- with a "running" theme. 
Still working out the design. Here is an example of a card I have made before.  Handmade stuff rocks!

To  win you don't have to be the fastest - To qualify to win a prize,  you must walk or run the 10K and then write about your experience (race report) on your blog. 

From all the race report links I get, I will choose three winners at random.

To Enter: Fill out the form below



PS:  I will make a race day bib for you guys, check back for a downloadable pdf bib! 

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea!! I would love to do it... but I'm not ready yet. Please do another one, ok??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Do you think you would like a 5k in the future or a 10K? I can send you the 10K training plan I made for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The form is pretty cool - I'll have to mess with that. Good luck to everyone who is entering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, all you have to do is go to google docs, click on create form! And then you can really customize it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was instantly in when you said "you don't have to be the fastest to win"..tee hee..you know I'm a slow foot, plus I don't have a lot of practice like you lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy and I are both in! We are so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted my race review today at http://runninaround.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/video-post-valentines-10k-bondi-bands-how-to-congrats-new-hoodies-i-look-gross/ . Unfortunately its not too exciting since I had to do it on the treadmill because of the 4 feet of standing snow everywhere =( . But thanks so much for hosting this it was a lot of fun, a great motivater, and loved wearing my bib at the gym! (I printed it on hot pink paper) =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang! I didn't know about this. I'd have def participated. I mean, I ran 7+mi anyway. Next time.:(

    ReplyDelete