Saturday, January 9, 2010

Virtual Races, a way to get motivated.

If you are like me you get more motivavted when you have a goal, and more more motivated when your working towards/in a race.  During these winter months it has been really hard find local races.  My local track club (that rocks) hasn't even updated their race page! But there is a solution to this problem.  Virtual racing.  The great thing is about they way this world connect via internet more and more people are doing virtual races. 

The most current one I found online is from Casey over at  Running After Violet has a  10K January 23 - the fast runner and the three other random entrants will get hand warmers!  Fun!!!  I think I will do my Santa Cruz 10k route and see how I do in the winter.


If you have a race you would like to share, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I love virtual races. GL with the 10K!!! I am also thankful for my running club's Winter Race Series every other weekend starting mid-Dec ending in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! I might participate in one!

    ReplyDelete