Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Treadmills and Hope For Haiti Now

Today I had to do the treadmill.  The horizontal rain just, well, didn't seem appealing.  I know I was all proud of myself for running in the rain last week, but not today.  So my running partner and I tried to make the inside a little more fun.  We did two types of intervals tempo and hill climbs.
It went like this:
5 Min Warm Up
1st SET=  20 secs Tempo at RPE of 6  → 40 secs recovery → 20 secs Hill Climb i(incline of 5) RPE of 6 → 40 sec recovery
2nd SET= 30 sec Tempo  at RPE of 6 →1 min recovery → 30 sec hill climb RPE of 6 →1 min recovery
3rd SET= 15 secs Tempo at RPE 7→15 sec RPE 8 →1 min recovery 15secs hill climb  RPE 7 → 15 secs hill climb RPE 8→ 1min recovery
4th Set (I call this the all out set)= 15 secs Tempo at RPE 6→ 15 secs Tempo at RPE 8→ 15 secs Tempo at RPE 10 → 1:30min recovery  → 15 secs Hill at RPE 6 →  15 secs Hill at RPE 8 → 15 secs Hill at RPE 10 → 1:30 min recovery
Since I scared my workout buddy with the 4th set, she really thought I was going to fall.  Note to self the treadmill gains speed really fast! We finished up with 10 min Steady Jog and then 2 :30 Cool down.  Not to shabby for 30mins. 
*RPE, Rating of Perceived Exertion  1 being as easy as sitting on the couch 10 being making a couch.


 This weekend my hubby got me the CD "Hope For Haiti Now".  Not only is there some awesome artist including, U2, Sting, and Mary J. Blige but also 100% of the proceeded go toward helping the people of Haiti.  Download your copy for $10 at itunes.com/haiti (this will open your itunes).  Not to bad for an awesome CD.  My favorite song is "Like a Prayer"  the way it is sung with the choir in the background is beyond amazing.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Becca,
    Oh the joy of the treadmill workout...it is better than nothing and beats pouring down rain:) Great video, it looks like Madonna still has it:) The CD appears to have plenty of great artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the treadmill workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The treadmill can be tricky, when you're working out in a non-traditional way...hit the wrong button, and zoom! You're off to the races...

    ReplyDelete